Lava Lamp Oil Spot & Stain Removal
The dyes used in lava lamps are only soluble in solvent and are extremely difficult to remove. Additionally, the oil tends to stay in the backing and pad.
- If severe, pull up the carpet, replace the affected pad, blot the backing with alcohol avoiding overwetting and clean the backing with the upholstery tool.
- Allow to dry before reattaching the carpet.
- Blot the affected carpet fibers with Saf-T-Solv™ and clean.
- If the dye remains, use Stain Magic™.
- Chances of removing the dye are very low.
- If extremely heavy, use the Water Claw® Spotter Sub-Surface Spot Lifter to more thoroughly flush out the oil.
- Get as dry as possible.
- To prevent wicking, heavily sprinkle Stain Blotter on area to absorb any material that wicks up.
- The customer can vacuum up the Stain Blotter the next day.