Microban® Disinfectant Spray
For environmental protection against:
Germs, Odors, Mold and Mildew
We have had very large orders for Microban Disinfectant Spray to deal with the mold and mildew. Bleach has limited effectiveness against mold and also emits harmful chemicals into the air, especially if mixed with anything else. Many individuals and companies working in wet or flooded areas are using the wrong products such as bleach and not following safety precautions - see the Material Safety Data Sheet on Microban Disinfectant Spray and the label for Microban Disinfectant Spray.
Mold can grow on water-damaged surfaces in as little as 24 to 48 hours. In flood situations, take steps to dry affected areas as quickly as possible. Remove excess water as soon as possible. Some web sites say to use fans to circulate and absorb moisture in the air - this will just circulate the mold spores everywhere else! Throw out all water-logged and mold-infested materials that are replaceable, such as carpeting or ceiling tiles. If drywall has absorbed water, the drywall should be cut out 12 inches above the water level and replaced once the room has dried out. Wet foggers can be used to treat large or inaccessible spaces such as basements and attics. Foggers are available for rent at home improvement stores in the tool rental department. Run a dehumidifier to take additional moisture out of the air. Lastly, help prevent future mold growth by applying Microban Disinfectant Spray to vulnerable surfaces.
Disinfectant, Mildewcide, Bacteriostat, Fungistat, Deodorizer, Anti-Microbial, Mold Control
The Microban History:
The exclusive Microban Disinfectant Spray formula was originally developed in 1962 to quickly and effectively disinfect hospital operating rooms. Currently, Microban is widely used in residential, commercial, institutional and industrial properties. Microban's unique formulation is patented in the US, Canada and other countries.
Microban Stops Odors Two Ways
- Mildew, sickroom, nursery and even some pet related odors are caused by bacteria.
- Microban kills the organisms which cause these odors.
Not all odors are caused by bacteria. Microban contains an exclusive odor counteractant which is effective on food and other non-bacterially related odors.
Microban offers protection against dangerous and destructive microorganisms.
Disease causing bacteria, fungi and viruses cause illness and threaten our health and well-being. It is well documented that mold, mildew, fungi and bacteria cause materials to degrade and deteriorate. The destructive action of microorganisms on materials often results in unpleasant odors.
pH balanced and non-corrosive, unlike Chlorine bleach
Unlike chlorine bleaches, Microban Disinfectant Spray is pH balanced and is non-corrosive. Additionally, bleach is very caustic, harmful to my metals, ruins fabrics rugs and carpets, emits toxic fumes and can be dangerous if not fatal if mixed with other chemicals.
Safe and Effective
Microban has been rigidly tested under government recommended procedures by internationally renowned testing laboratories, universities and hospitals. Microban testing insures its safety to you, your family, your pets and the environment. MicroBan Disinfectant is registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
Industrial Hygienists and environmental consultants have learned to trust Microban. These professionals commonly specify Microban when they provide guidance and prepare microbial remediation protocols.
Microban has been rigidly tested for efficacy and toxicology under strict governmental guidelines.
Microban has been job tested on thousands of water damage and microbial remediation projects performed in residences, businesses and institutions.
Trusted by professionals
Leading disaster restoration and microbial remediation firms depend on Microban.
Microban is suitable for application to a wide range of materials and surfaces. Microban is strong enough to destroy harmful disease causing microorganisms while gentle enough to be applied to delicate textiles, carpets, rugs, antiques and sleep surfaces. Microban is suitable and approved for use within residential, commercial, industrial and institutional properties.
Why Microban is an important part of a mold remediation protocol
While cleaning removes visible contamination, significant quantities of microorganisms are often left behind. An application of Microban after cleaning destroys many of these microorganisms, thus preventing them from multiplying. The Microban formulation contains high levels of active ingredients, that destroy microorganisms upon application and then provide residual protection against odor causing microorganisms.
Disinfection you can trust for:
- Water damage
- Pipe breaks
- Toilet overflows
- Sewage back-ups
- Mold remediation
When should Microban be applied?
- To improve hygiene following routine cleaning.
- Whenever mold, mildew, or bacteria are a problem.
- For odor problems.
Microban is "Your best investment after cleaning"™
Microban offers simultaneous protection against germs, odors, mold and mildew.
Some of the organisms Microban is effective against:
- Aspergillus niger (Black Mold)
- Aspergillus flavus
- Aspergillus terreus
- Penicillium citrinum
- Athletes’ foot fungi
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus pyogenes aureus
- Staphylococcus albus
- Staphylococcus albus coagulase
- Staphylococcus aureus hemolyticus coagulase
- Staphylococcus citreus
- Salmonella choleraesuis
- Salmonella typhosa
- Escherichia coli
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Most gram-positive bacteria
- Most gram-negative bacteria
- Influenza A2
- Herpes Simplex - Genital herpes
MicroBan Disinfectant is a water-based non-flammable ready-to-use product, which gives protection against germs, odors, mold, and mildew: Optimum conditions for the growth of most mold on carpet and other surfaces are dark, damp, and warm.
Effective when used as directed in decontaminating bedding, mattresses, textiles, drapes, upholstered furniture, rugs, carpets, and storage areas. Controls mold, mildew, fungus and odors wherever they are a problem.
For water damage, sewer backups, toilet overflow, pipe breaks, health protection after routine cleaning and odor problems. Anti-microbial action kills allergy and disease-causing germs, bacteria, fungi, mold, and mildew. Suitable for hospital and health care institutions, animal care facilities, etc.
Microban kills allergy and disease causing germs, odors, mold and mildew.
NOTE: See Sporicidin® which does kill Parvovirus - Microban does not kill Parvovirus!
If used on stain-resistant nylon carpet, the stain protection warranty is voided. However, the stain protection warranty is usually voided just by being in a flood anyway.
GENERAL METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Surfaces and objects must be cleaned of gross filth with suitable detergent before treatment.
- Spray surfaces and articles until thoroughly wet, use enough so that treated surfaces and objects remain wet for at least 10 minutes.
- May be applied with a sponge to impervious covers and surfaces, allowing to dry for 10 minutes.
- For fogging and other large volume applications, use appropriate spraying equipment, protective clothing, gloves and respirator.
- Heavily treated spaces should be adequately ventilated and not re-entered for at least one hour after treatment.
GENERAL METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- (Kills most gram negative and gram positive bacteria and influenza virus).
- In hospitals, operating rooms, emergency rooms, lobbies, hallways, patient rooms, wards, washrooms, scrub stations, mop rooms, morgues, pathology labs, nurse's stations, laboratories, veterinary clinics and other health care facilities
- In schools, hotels, motels, restaurants, offices homes and industrial buildings.
- For use on pre-cleaned hard non-porous surfaces such as tiled porcelain, waste receptacles, compactors, on, in and around rest room fixtures, toilet seats, locker rooms, telephones, door knobs, hospital apparatus and equipment, furniture and empty containerized storage units.
- For athletes foot fungus on floors, shower stalls, rest rooms.
- Follow method of application specified above.
- Do not use on medical devices.
AS A BACTERIOSTAT, FUNGISTAT AND DEODORIZING AGENT:
- Apply Microban® Disinfectant Spray Plus as directed to floors, walls, ceilings that have been damaged by smoke, fire, floods and sewage backups.
- For cleanup operations in areas such as attics, wall voids, basements, areas above suspended ceilings and similar inaccessible spaces in buildings.
- Spray avian, rodent and other animal human wastes and carcasses as directed above, prior to removal and disposal.
- Treat spaces and surfaces as specified in method of application.
- For use as a bacteriostat, fungistat and deodorizing agent on carpeting found in schools, hotels, motels, homes, shelters and commercial, industrial and public buildings.
- After a flood or water damage, vacuum or extract as much water as possible before application. Apply full strength with sprayer until moist to carpet nap and rake or brush in. To treat the backing and padding, a fogger is recommended. Allow to remain until dry. For best results, carpets should be cleaned before application.
- This product is not to be used as a terminal sterilant/high level on disinfectant on any surface or instrument that (1) is introduced directly into the human body, either into or in contact with the bloodstream or normally sterile areas of the body or (2) contacts intact mucous membranes, but which does not ordinarily penetrate the blood barrier or otherwise enter normally sterile ares of the body.
- This product may be used to preclean or decontaminate critical or semi-critical medical devices prior to sterilization or high level disinfection.
Application: Apply via wet fogger or fine sprayer to porous surfaces at a rate of 1,500 square feet per gallon. Spray until moist, brush into carpeting, and allow 10-20 minutes for drying. See label for additional instructions.
Use Concentration: Undiluted
Approximate Coverage: 1,000 square feet per gallon
Use pH: 6.5-7.5
NOTE: May not be shipped via air!
Cannot be shipped to California or Canada!
NOTE: Many states require that a contractor applying a pest control product be licensed. Please contact your state EPA office for further information.
Related Anti-Microbial Products:
Related Anti-Microbial Information:
Material Safety Data Sheet on Microban Disinfectant Spray.
Label for Microban Disinfectant Spray.
Microban Disinfectant Spray Order Form:
NOTE: May not be shipped via air!
Cannot be shipped to California or Canada!
For California, purchase Sporicidin instead!