DuPont® StoneTech™ Marble
Shining Powder is a non-acidic super-fine marble polishing powder for creating an ultra-high gloss polished finish on marble, limestone, travertine and terrazzo.
- Removes light scratches.
- Develops high gloss.
- Restores natural shine.
- Maintenance polishing.
- Cleans and shines.
- Easy application.
- No hazardous vapors.
Shining Powder Directions:
- Always test in a small inconspicuous area to determine ease of aplication and desired results.
- Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to polishing.
- Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
- If surface is heavily soiled, pre-clean with StoneTech™ Professional Klenz All™ Heavy Duty Stone & Tile Cleaner as applicable and rinse.
- Mask off baseboards, carpet, etc. with protective plastic and / or blue painter's tape.
- If using Shining Powder following the use of Polishing Powder™, ensure that the surface is well rinsed and a new pad is used.
- Ensure surface is flat and smooth. Deep scratches or strong acid etching may require refinishing with StoneTech Professional Honing Powder™ and / or Polishing Powder™ prior to using Shining Powder.
- Apply about 1/2 cup Shining Powder plus 1 cup clean water to stone surface.
- Buff area with a hand orbital sander or weighted floor machine at 130-140 lbs., 175 rpm, fitted with a natural hair pad.
- Keep Shining Powder wet with water while shining. Add Shining Powder as needed.
- Buff area until desired level of shine is achieved.
- Rinse well and use a wet vacuum or hot water extraction unit to remove all excess Shining Powder.
- Final buff with a white pad if desired.
- Clean equipment with water.
$1.00 per square foot.
Proper care of Polished Stone:
To maintain the stone's natural beauty, seal the surface with Sta-Clene, StoneTech Impregnator Pro™ or BulletProof™.
For maintenance cleaning, use StoneTech Revitalizer™ or StoneTech All Purpose Stone & Tile Cleaner.
NOTE: Shining Powder will sometimes not give the shine of brand-new marble, but should come within 80-90% of the original shine. In the case of some black marble tile and some softer marble tile, the Polishing Powder will actually give you a higher shine!
NOTE: THIS PROCESS SHOULD ONLY BE USED BY EXPERIENCED TECHNICIANS.
DEFINITELY NOT FOR THE HOMEOWNER!!
Stone Cleaning, Polishing, Sealing and Protecting Products:
Stone Cleaning, Polishing, Sealing and Protecting Articles:
StoneTech™ Professional Products™ Material Safety Data Sheets
Shining Powder Order Form: