StoneTech™ Honing Powder
(formerly Euro Hone)
Marble Honing Compound
Honing Powder is a non-acidic marble honing compound for removing scratches, acid etching, wear patterns and restores the stone surface to an even honed, flat finish. Available in 5 abrasive grits for a variety of honed finishes - from deeply honed to satin.
For use on marble, limestone, travertine and terrazzo.
- Removes Scratches.
- Removes Acid Etching.
- Safe to Use.
- Easy Application.
- Develops Honed Surface.
- Cleans and Hones.
- Available in 5 grit levels
Honing Powder Directions for Travertine, Terrazzo, Marble and Limestone Floors:
- The lower the grit number, the more aggressive the hone.
- Test in an inconspicuous area to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
- If surface is heavily soiled, pre-clean with StoneTech Klenz All™ Tile Cleaner as applicable.
- Mask off baseboards, carpet, etc., with protective plastic and/or blue painter’s tape.
- If you are using a variety of abrasive grits, insure that the surface is well rinsed and a new pad is used for each changeover.
- Apply about 1/2 cup Honing Powder plus 1 cup clean water to stone surface.
- Refinish using a hand orbital sander or weighted heavy-duty 175 rpm floor machine at 130 to 140 lbs., 175 rpm, fitted with a natural hair pad
- Keep compound wet while buffing with plenty of water. Add Honing Powder as needed.
- Buff area until desired level of hone is achieved.
- Rinse well and use a wet vacuum or hot water extraction unit to remove all excess compound.
- Clean equipment with water.
For polished finish:
Use successively higher grits of Honing Powder to close the face of the stone and follow with StoneTech Polishing Powder AND Shining Powder as applicable.
Honing Powder Coverage:
Depending on the type of stone, surface texture, and level of hone desired, coverage is approximately 800 - 1,200 sq. ft. per jar.
Typical Honing Charge:
$1.00 per square foot for each hone.
Proper care of honed and polished stone such as marble:
To maintain the stone's natural beauty, seal the surface with Sta-Clene or StoneTech Stone Sealer, Impregnator Pro™ or BulletProof™.
For maintenance cleaning, use StoneTech Revitalizer™ or StoneTech All Purpose Stone & Tile Cleaner.
NOTE: THIS PROCESS SHOULD ONLY BE USED BY EXPERIENCED, TRAINED TECHNICIANS.
DEFINITELY NOT FOR THE HOMEOWNER!!
Stone Cleaning, Polishing, Sealing and Protecting Products:
Stone Cleaning, Polishing, Sealing and Protecting Articles:
StoneTech™ Professional Products™ Material Safety Data Sheets
Honing Powder Order Form:
Honing Powders are non-discountable. Prices subject to change without notice.
To add Honing Powder to your order, select the unit size you would like from the checkbox above, place the quantity you would like in the "Desired Quantity" box and click on the "Order Item" button.