Bane-Clene® Bane-Guard™ Carpet and Rug Protector
Increase your profits by 50% in a single sale with Bane-Guard!
- Bane-Guard is an 21st century advanced generation water-based fluoropolymer protector with stain retardant using short-chain fluoro-technology for EPA compliance.
- Short-chain fluoro-technology meets the goal of the U.S. EPA 2010/2015 PFOA stewardship program defined as a 95% or greater reduction in trace PFOA precursors and higher homologues..
- The fluorochemical portion of Bane-Guard is made of of six or fewer carbons and cannot break down to PFOA in the environment.
- Provides repellency.
- Readily dilutes in water.
- Freeze-thaw stable.
- VOC compliant.
- Cure time for maximum protection is about 24 hours - should dry to the touch in 1-2 hours if properly applied.
- Effective even on olefin (polypropylene) carpets and rugs.
- Bane-Guard helps rugs and carpets stay cleaner, brighter and fresher through all kinds of daily wear by creating a barrier around the fiber tufts.
- Bane-Guard carpet protector's new generation fluoropolymer and stain blocker combination provides more repellency against oil and water based spills than other leading carpet protectors, along with outstanding soil protection.
- Bane-Guard is virtually colorless and non-yellowing
- Bane-Guard is effective against fruit drinks, soft drinks, Kool-Aid® and frozen fruit treats and simplifies spill cleanup.
- Reinforces stain-blocking qualities of stain-resist nylon fibers, such as Stainmaster®.
- Carpet manufacturers recommend fluoropolymer protector application after each cleaning on all carpet and rug types, even those with built-in soil and stain protection.
- Contains no PFOA (perfluoro-octanyl sulfonates) or Butyl Cellosolve.
Directions for Using and Applying Bane-Guard Capret and Rug Protector:
- Shake before using.
- Bane-Guard is simply diluted in water (4 parts water to 1 part concentrate) and sprayed onto freshly cleaned damp carpet or on clean dry carpet at 40 psi.
- Apply with an 8004 Tee jet nozzle at the rate of 200 square feet per gallon of diluted product.
- A stainless steel sprayer with a special fan-shaped nozzle attachment (#8004 nozzle) is recommended as the applicator.
- However, the electric powered Multi-Sprayer® or the Spray 1® is much easier and faster to use.
- It is recommended that you allow 50% overlap and brush or rake the carpet after treatment. The carpet will feel stiff for a few days after the treatment.
- Wipe off any spray on furniture, baseboards, etc., while wet.
- Allow 24 hours for maximum protection.
- To prevent material accumulation in spray equipment, clean with fresh water after each use.
Use Concentration: Dilute product by mixing 1 part Bane-Guard with 4 parts water.
Coverage: 1 gallon diluted Bane-Guard per 200 square feet on damp, freshly cleaned carpet or rug.
Use pH: 5.0 - 6.0
Stain Protector Comparison Test
on Nylon 6,6 against Cherry Koolaid
|Soiling Protection Comparison Test
on Nylon 6,6
Related Carpt Protector Products:
Carpet Protector Articles and Information:
Material Safety Data Sheet on Bane-Guard Carpet Protector.
Sprayer Label for Bane-Guard Carpet Protector.
Bane-Guard Capret and Rug Protector Order Form:
Bane-Guard Carpet Protector is discountable. Price is subject to change without notice.
To add Bane-Guard Carpet Protector to current order, place the quantity you would like in the "Desired Quantity" box and click on the "Order Item" button.